The International Women’s Strike (IWS) is a network of women in more than 50 countries worldwide that emerged through planning and carrying out a historic day of action in 2017. We hosted another successful action in 2018 and in Pittsburgh, on March, 8th, 2019 we will once again join with women across the globe in struggle and solidarity.
While members of the IWS 2019 coalition and their grassroots organizations have donated their time and personal resources to this year’s actions, we are still in need of funds to put toward various expenses, including, but not limited to:
- Permits and equipment rental fees for the march and rally
- Honorariums for speakers at the event
- Accessibility accommodations, including an ASL interpreter
- Childcare needs
- Food, bottled water, small snacks, and other provisions
- Printing and production costs for promotional materials such as signage, stickers, etc.
All donations go directly to the work of the Pittsburgh IWS Coalition. Please visit our crowdfunding link at GoFundMe to donate securely and please share on social media!
Any funds we have left over will go to help kick-start Pittsburgh IWS in 2020!
The only way we can achieve our demands is if we stand in solidarity with one another.